Friday, June 24, 2011

Staying Busy

6/16 – 6/18 @ WL
The 18th was my day off for the week! I slept in, went to the pool, and then went to Magic Kingdom with Tanya. We watched a parade, walked through the shops on Main Street, rode Space Mountain, and then left. I went out to dinner with Madison, her parents, her boyfriend and his parents to celebrate her birthday!

6/19 – 21 @ WL
On the 21st I made my first call to 911 at work. A woman came running over to one of the lifeguards saying there was a woman who fell unconscious on a bridge near the pool. The lifeguard called the coordinator, and I was told to call 911. I found out the woman had epilepsy and was having a seizure. It was pretty scary, but we all worked well as a team and received Great Service Fanatic cards. These cards are given out to cast members when they go above and beyond and/or do something really well.

6/22 @ WL
Today I worked my first double. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Plus, I kept telling myself I would have the next 2 days off to recuperate. I stopped by a 7 11 after work and bought some ice cream to reward myself for surviving a long day in the heat. :)

6/23
I slept in and then went to the pool for a couple hours. I'm still trying to even out my tan when I can. :) I went grocery shopping and then met up with a couple of my roommates at Magic Kingdom. We went on numerous rides and then watched Let the Memories Begin. It's an absolutely amazing show displayed on the castle. It's unlike anything I've ever seen, and it's so creative! Wishes (the firework show) followed Memories, and as always, Disney fireworks are the best!

6/24
I've been pretty productive today, so I think I'll go to the parks this evening to enjoy the remainder of my day off!


Summary
I didn't do the greatest job blogging over the past number of days, so I'll try to do better this coming week. :) Last week there were a number of days when it rained and we had to close the pool down for various amounts of time. Now I feel more comfortable with the procedure for pool closings. I've been at WL the past 2 weeks, and I'll be there again all next week. I'm not complaining though because it's a beautiful resort, and it's giving me plenty of time to become accustomed to working there. Dianne, one of my roommates moved out on Wednesday to start a job back home. So, now we're down to five people in the apartment. Thankfully our rent will not go up, and they won't put more people in the apartment until we're at 50% capacity.

While I'm working, it has been interesting to watch families interact among each other. Some parents actually play in the pool with their kids. Other parents watch from afar or don't even pay attention. Some parents enforce the pool rules on their kids, especially after I've told their kids to walk, etc. Other parents let me do all the yelling, and don't bother to tell their kids they are breaking the rules. I've also seen a lot of families having a blast at the pool. I definitely enjoy seeing that while I'm at work. Something I don't think I'll ever understand is the number of towels that are left lying on the pool deck. There are two towel bins located right next to the clean towel bins. It's not too hard for people to pick up their towels and toss them in the bins. When I'm cleaning the pool deck though I pick up dozens and dozens of towels, and a pretty good amount of trash too.

Slowly but surely I'm starting to network. I've talked to a couple of my managers to find out more information about the graphic designing done at Disney. I would like to shadow a Disney graphic designer if possible. Thanks for reading!

Erica







 

No comments:

Post a Comment