Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Work and Play

6/9 @ FW
I forgot to journal today, and the days are all running together. Therefore, I do not remember what happened on this day...apparently nothing too interesting. lol

6/10
My day off this week! It was an absolute blast! I went to Typhoon Lagoon with Madison, one of my roommates, and had so much fun. After the water park we came back to the apartment and then headed to Hollywood Studios. We ate dinner at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, watched Fantasmic, and went on a few rides. We packed a lot of fun into one day, and I definitely needed that break from work!

6/11
Today I was at the Contemporary (CT) and Bay Lake Tower (BLT). It was my first day at both since I had training, so I was a little rusty on the rotations, etc, but everyone was very helpful when I had any questions. Towards the end of the day I got to see some of the fireworks from Magic Kingdom because the resort is so close to the park. I thought it was a nice ending to a day of work.

6/12
I was at FW, and it was hot today. I had the morning shift for the first time, so I worked from 9:30am-6pm. I had the evening shift yesterday, so it was a quick turnaround of working again this morning. I wasn't entirely in the mood to work this morning, but it makes me happy when I see families having fun on vacation. I saw that many times today, and that changed my attitude about work. I want to mention that I have been working with people with so many different ethnic backgrounds. Today I worked with a person from Morocco and one from China. It's so interesting to learn about all of these different cultures.

6/13 @ WL
This morning I had my first in service. I have to attend two in services per month to maintain my lifeguarding skills. It is very helpful to practice these skills so they are engrained in my memory. Then I had to work after training, so that made for a fairly long day. However, my roommates and I went out for ice cream this evening, which made for a good ending to the day. :) I am still meeting new lifeguards every day, and I'm thankful everyone has to wear name tags because that is way too many names to remember! I work 53 hours again this week. Right now I'm getting one day off a week, but I'm hoping that changes to two per week periodically. I need time to network!!!

6/14 @ WL
Today was just not my day. However, it was Taco Tuesday for the cast members in the Bay Lake Region. This meant that we all got a free lunch consisting of nachos, tacos, and Mickey ice cream bars. That was a great start to my shift. Then it started storming, so we had to close the pool. That was the first time I've had to deal with closing the pool due to the weather. So, I remembered what I could from training, but I followed what everyone else was doing. My coordinator today was incredibly intense. I don't think I saw him crack a smile one time. He made me very nervous and stressed. It was just a crazy day with the weather, etc. I was happy when I finally arrived home.

6/15 @ WL
105 is the heat index forecasted for today. It's going to be very hot, but I'm thankful I can jump in the pool periodically to cool off during the day. :)  

That's all for now! Thanks for reading!
Erica :)




No comments:

Post a Comment